how much formula should my 10 month old be taking in one day?

She doesn't seem to want anymore than what she is getting, but am wondering if she is missing the formula during the day and that is what could be keeping her up in the middle of the night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the rude answer: none.
    Anonymous

• I have a 9 month old, he is drinking about 4 8oz bottles during the day.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Your baby should drink up to 32 ounces of formula every 24 hours according to one chart. Different websites say different things. Babies wake up at night because human child's brains are hard wired to breastfeed, sleep with their mother, wake at night, cry if they are alone, and nurse at night. That is how humans have survived. That's what it is like for most babies and toddlers in most of the world.

It would take a long time for human infant brains to sleep through the night. Not only is it dangerous for babies to be alone but babies need to eat at night to keep their blood sugar high for optimal brain growth.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I just took my 9 month old to the pediatrician on Saturday. He said no more than 24 ounces, aka 3 8 ounce bottles a day. You can give your baby a little veggie juice, they make stuff like v8 for infants. Just make sure it isnt loaded down with sugar. Different brands have different ingredients. Avoid fruit juices and large sugar intakes.

Encourage your child to eat more solids and less bottles, because when they hit that 1 year mark formula isn't really needed. Mine just happens to prefer to eat solids and finger foods versus bottles now. While I guess I have it kind of easy regarding that, some parents don't.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 6:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I love how some people on here can be so rude, but don't have the guts to post w/ their name. CHILD!!! get a life and get over your BF'g issues! Sorry that u r so perfect! I don't think so!
    Anonymous