How long did it take you to learn a foreign language fluently as an adult?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I started learning another language at the age of 17 and I think I'm fluent.
    Anonymous

• I started sign langauge again when dd was born and we're doing pretty good... I also took the class when I was 13 (forgot half) and I'm now 23... DH is learning Czech and found listening to Czech radio stations online and a computer program very helpful! He's not fluent but can easily understand someone and reply. He's been doing this for about 8 months now and works on it everyday.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I took 4 years of Spanish in HS. and then another semester in college. and I could pick up on words and read and write it quite well. but speaking fluently, VERY difficult to learn.
    I think to REALLY be able to learn a language well, you need to use it everyday. (reading/writing/speaking)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2010