post partum sex?

i just delivered my 3rd baby by vaginal delivery 9 days ago. i had an episiotomy & was also stitched up on an upper lip because of a tear. i feel okay down there, but i'm still bleeding a little. i know they say to wait 4-6 weeks before resuming any sexual activity, but sex is a very important part of our relationship & i would like to be close with my husband again. what are the risks of resuming sexual intercourse so early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Health

• Are you done bleeding? Are YOU wanting to? If both answers are yes then it should be safe. At 3-4 weeks your uterus is only down to the size it was at about 3 months pregnant. This is why doctors don't want to see you yet even though you are most likely completely healed up. They want you to wait until 6 weeks because that is when your uterus is generally down to pre pregnancy size. I had sex at 2 and 3 weeks postpartum.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i really would wait. sex is important to us to but you wont enjoy it at all and it will hurt like a mother. not to mention the damage it could do to your body.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• infection

Answer by admckenzie at 5:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• You're risking infection and tearing your stitches. There are a heck of a lot of other ways to feel close to your husband than through just sex.
    Anonymous

• ha, do it and you'll find out.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• you know, there is more then one way to "skin a horse" if you know what i mean. You can always cuddle, and you could always do something to help his sexual needs with out your vigina..if you know what i mean. It always gives me some pleasure/happiness when i do those sorts of things for my spouse.
    Anonymous