I know, I'm super dumb, but how do I get superglue off of my hands?

Iexpected it to be a whole lot more viscous than it was lol. It seriously spewed all over my hand. I managed to get all my fingers un-stuck and the thing I was gluing de-bonded, but now there's a hard crust of superglue on every one of my fingers on my left hand. I'm gonna have to take my contacts out tonight, I need to be able to use my hand. Plus, I'm pregnant and would like to get the nasty chemicals off of me as soon as possible.

Anything you got! Toss it at me lol.

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you don't have nail-polish remover, soak the affected skin in warm, soapy water. Slowly roll the skin to work the bond apart as the warm water soaks through. Continue doing this until the skin is free of glue.

Anonymous

• fingernail polish remover
    Anonymous

• LOL Ive had super glue on my hands alot. At least you asked how to get it off. I just leave it....LOL
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Nail polish remover will work but you have to make sure it's the kind with acetone not the kind made for acrilic (sp) nails.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 6:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Gasoline or paint thinner. Sad to admit I do it a lot. LOL
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• OP, sorry but I got a laugh out of your post because it reminded me of something that happened to me as a child. My oldest friend in the world who I've known since we were babies in the crib together tricked me into sticking my fingers together. She convinced me that they would not stick (I was like 6 and very gullible). I realized just in time that they would stick, and pried them apart. I had to wait until the old skin wore off. Hopefully some of the suggestions above will work. Next time you might wear gloves. GL!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I was just cleaning today and came arcoss a tiny bottle of "super glue remover" in a junk drawer, and I thought why would I ever need this? LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I had this happen at work, and we have something called Goof Off. It takes alot of different things off, like stickers, glue, wax, crayon,etc. I hope this helps you. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Lol, thanks ladies, a warm water soak fixed it. I have cracked skin from where the glue was tight enough to pull it apart. I definately wasn't gonna use gasoline or paint thinner being pregnant lol.

The saddest part of this is that I used to work with industrial strength super glue back in the day. I should have known better but didn't lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• nail polish remover or if you have paint thinner.
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2010