Pagan Sisters... You need to see this... I want your opinions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYM-SUUDcng
(I'll post a clickable below)

The title is Does Islam incorporate Pagan Rituals.
We talk from time to time in this section about the Pagan Origins of the majority of Christian traditions and beliefs, but I have never seen anything about the Pagan origins of Islamic traditions. And because I myself am just learning about Islam, I don't know all the specifics. But seeing as how Islam is even younger than Christianity (although only a few years or so younger) I would assume that the origins of many beliefs and traditions remain the same...

However this video is from the perspective of an Islamic woman, and I would like the opinions of other Pagan women!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• SabrinaMBowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• There is an esoteric side to Judaism, Islam, and Christianity-- most modern followers of the faiths have never been taught these rituals and traditions. They would be considered "magic" or "witch craft." There is angelic magic that does not contradict either of the big 3, but most people would call it paganism. It is rooted in Hebrew tradition.

This woman has a lot of understanding of the development of her faith.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I think she has a good grasp of the roots of her religion. She was not afraid nor ashamed of some of the traditions being linked to some Pagan ties.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Admittedly I didn't have a chance to finish watching the entire video, but I will, I was just really wondering what everyone else thought...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010