My 9 year old fainted in the shower this morning.

He doesn't have a fever-just a common cold and he hasn't fainted again. We don't have insurance at this time. Do you think I need to bring him in or would it be okay if I just watch him closely. If he faints again I will definitely bring him in. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Did he simply get dizzy and "fall over" or did he actually "pass out" (meaning he lost consciousness)? If he just fell over, it could be a lot of things, including his equilibrium since he has a cold. It's common to get dizzy with fluid built up in the inner ear. He could also be dehydrated or had low blood sugar. If he actually lost consciousness - you need to take him to the doctor immediately. That is not normal and could be caused by a number of things gone wrong in his brain.
    Anonymous

• i think you should have already taken him
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• do you have a peditrian at all? If you do, i'm sure you can at least call and ask. It could be a lack of liquids thing.
    Anonymous

• He may have gotten too hot and dizzy... I did that yesterday.. I'm pregnant having "hot flashes"
    Anonymous

• Ask him how he felt before it happened and if had these symptoms before. I'd keep a close eye on him and during bedtime.

Anonymous