Any help for the insured?

I have medical insurance, but I need help paying my deductible. I make a lot of money, more than most, but am paying off a lot of stupid decisions I made in the past. I bring home about 6k a month, but by the time all the bills are paid, and all the installments are made we literally have less than 300 a month for grocery's, medical, and gas. I'm pregnant and haven't gone to my ob/gyn yet because I have an outstanding balance. I need some help. Any ideas? My Mother says to stop paying my mortgage so I can get some kind of bailout, but I feel really wrong doing it.. what if that backfires?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't know what kind of help I can really be. But I am going to give you this information anyways. I am with Ameriplan and the majority of the people I promote my plans to are in the same boat as you. For people with high deductibles, our company allows you to receive a discount while still paying "out of pocket" thus getting fulfilling their deductible and paying less... I know it's not the answer you wanted, but I think finding a new way to lower costs may be your only avenue. Let me know if you have any questions. My website is www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com if you want to see our plans or find out if your doctors are on our network.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i'm in the same boat...we never go to the doctor cuz we cant afford the detuctibles half the time. Thats kinda sad when we pay so much for the insurance
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• You ARE kidding right? That the stupidist thing I have ever heard.
    How about paying your bills off and cutting up the credit cards.
    We make sure our tax refund covers our $2400 deductable. We usually go
    6 months before meeting it. Thats like having no insurance for half a year but we
    don't stop paying our bills to do it. Especially not our house note.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Honestly, you won't get any kind of "bailout" if you don't pay your mortgage, instead you'll get KICKED OUT, of your house! If your family brings in $6,000 a month and your bills eat up $5,700 of that, well then HOLY COW you have a LOT of bills.

What I recommend to you is getting a Book by David Bach. You can get any of his books as they are all the same basic principal, but I would just get "Smart Couples Finish Rich" His system is similiar to the "Transforming Debt into Wealth System" by John Cummuta.

Basically teaching you how to break down your monthly bills on paper and learning how to take what money you have to quickly pay off debts one by one.

We used the system and books to pay off our debt (except our car and house which are our last two) in under 2 years.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Time to make deisions, your health or you internet bill, cell phone,cable, etc... like you said you need to pay for your mistakes.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Find a midwife. They are cheaper than OB's and everybody covers them now. And then figure out what you can sell! Good grief you can't get that far into debt without buying something of value! Pay the house first and the credit cards last. If it is old medical bills you are going to have to renegotiate with them for less per month. Get a second job. And finally can you rent out a room in your house?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2010