Do you stay at home?

Do you clean your house of do you leave it for your husband to do? ( I clean my house everyday cause I stay home all day. I should take care of the home since he is paying for it.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If I was home more I would clean more. Right now it is very lived in and I feel that since I am approaching the end of a semester and changing jobs things are slipping terribly.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yes. I stay home and clean my house. He works all day and has a very stressful and demanding job. It is my responsibility to see to it that he walks into a clean, orderly home. I also do my best to have a nice dinner on the table, all of the kids' homework done, candles lit, and everything as "calm" as possible until the huge "daddy's home" welcoming party!!! That is what helps him relax and it's the way he wants things. I can't imagine not being willing to put in as much time as he does contributing to the well-being of this family.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Hmmm you must be a lazy mom.
    Anonymous

• I'm a sahm now, and I tell you I work harder now than I ever did in 20 years of banking :-) I can't believe I missed all this stuff... I get to make my own ours, plan my day, take a break when I want it, and I LIVE for when my 20 month old CEO takes his nap... hello Netflix Watch Instantly (gotta love the Tudors, they were so wrong!).
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Yes I need more that just a paycheck to walk through the door. After 3 kids and I work PT, its a handful and I expect him to be involved.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I do the majority of the day to day cleaning, but if we are doing spring cleaning or any major cleaning, my husband helps out. He also cleans where I can't reach or things that I don't really think about - the ceiling fan blades, the ventilation exhaust filter, etc. Frankly, if someone thinks I'm lazy that my husband helps out, I could give a rat's ass.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2010