My baby is one today... WOW... So here is my question...

First is it normal to feel kinda sad?? I'm happy but I'm a little sad about it too?? Also how do I get him off a bottle?? He drinks form sippys now but not his milk it come out to fast for him he was still using the #1 nipple since the rest were to fast for him. How do I work with that???

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 6:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I felt depressed when my first child turned one, and then I found out on the same day that I was pregnant again.

Sippy cups don't drip at all, where as even a slow nipple drips, so I don't think the sippy is too fast for your LO. Now is the time to make the bottle to sippy switch. Just find a sippy he likes and don't offer bottles any more.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• it is normal to have mixed emotions about it. i sure did. my dd will be 3 this week and i can believe it! my dd liked the sippy cups with the straws. thats how i got her off the bottle.
    Anonymous

• i cried on my baby's 1st bday. i was happy she was healthy and growing, but realized my baby- not so much baby anymore! but i think it is normal. as far as the bottle thing i just gave mine a cup and it worked without a prob. i hear it's not that easy all the time! but GL! and she liked drinkin outa regular cups because that is what the big people did. (i assisted of course) but i think that might have helped ignore the transition.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 7:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Just start putting his milk in his sippy cup. He will get use to it eventually.

Answer by louise2 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My little guy turned two today! I almost cried. Yes, it's nomal. They grow up so quickly!!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 7:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I guess that's when a lot of moms start working on the next baby! LOL! I bet I will....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• First Happy Birthday to him! Second yes it's normal to feel that way even if it's your second or third kid. Third with my baby that took bottles I just tossed them.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2010