How much is day care, generally?

Does it vary by age? What if my baby doesn't go down for naps very consistently? Or what if she doesn't know how to self-sooth? Do you bring their food for the day, or do they provide it?

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends what kind of daycare you choose. Centers - They provide food for the older kids, and the cost goes DOWN by age. Infants can be $1200/month, while 4 and 5 year olds are $850/month. Most all daycare centers have a scheduled nap time, except in the infant room. If you have an infant, you usually have to provide formula and diapers.

Home Day cares - Those are usually cheaper, out here anyway. I only pay $550/month, and have ever since DD started attending. Her DCP is licensed, provides all meals, and does have a scheduled nap time.

Children pick up different skills in the daycare setting.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• potty trained is $75.00 weekly and still in diapers is $85.00 weekly
    Small town in texas.
    Anonymous

• In a small town in upstate New York I paid $25 a day when my son was in daycare. We provided food, diapers, etc.
    Anonymous

• It varies alot by area I believe. I will be cheaper as your kids get older. My daycare from 6 weeks to 2 years it is 209 weekly, 2 year olf 187 weekly, yhree year old 176 yearly and for 4 and 5 year olds 159.50 weekly. They provide meals, but I have to provide formula, diapers, wipes, and any baby food my daughter needs. How they nap doesn't usually factor into the price. I know that here in Wisconsin all children have to lay down for a least 30 minutes a day because of a state regulation, they don't have to sleep and can get up after that 30 minutes. Also if they don't self sooth, that shouldn't be a problem, both daycares I have taken my girls to asked how I wanted my kids put to sleep and I said I want them held and rocked to sleep and that's what they did.
    Anonymous

• Varies by age, location, etc. For my almost two year old it is generally $25 a day.
    Anonymous