Pediatrician

Is there anyone that doesn't take their kids to the doctors every year for their yearly check-up? My girls are 10, and I haven't taken them since they were 8. honestly they haven't had any health problems at all, not even the flu. Is their a law that states that you have to do their yearly check-ups?They are caught up on their shots too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• No, no laws about it, unless you have court orders to do so. Ihave never seen a need for yearly checkups in healthy kids.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• No law.
    You should take them minimum every 2 years at that age though.
    And at age 11 they will need shots.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My son goes every year. What is good enough for me is good enough for him. The point of a checkup is to make sure they stay healthy and don't develop any problems. Your girls will be going through puberty and their bodies are going to be going through a lot of changes and you want to make sure they are growing correctly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• IF they aren't sick, there is no reason for yearly visits other than to track growth and development. It's been 2 years, IF you can afford it, take them in for a general check up.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i take my DD but she is 21 months old. my SS and SD have to go because they are on secondary mediciad.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I take my kids every year, but we have private insurance - I'm sure now paying for the insurance and then not going to use it! But there's no law that states you have to.

Answer by missanc at 7:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• The school will tell you when dr appts are required. If the child is healthy then there is no reason to go unless the school says to.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2010