Microsoft Office ,Quickbooks,Quicken software

Can someone please explain what I would use the above programs for? I have a 60 day trial period for all of them and I have no idea what to do with them, but if they are really good for something then I want them. I know Quickbooks is what we used in the finical dept. of my old job. why would I need it at home?
I'm a SAHM of 1 child in elem school ( 4Th grade) and 1 child in his second year of college,and another child who drifts from job to job w/ a 2 yr old daughter.So I am a grandmother to. I turn 41 on April 28Th. ( my oldest turns 22 in May,my middle child turns 20 in May)
Thank you for your help :)

SherriX2

Asked by SherriX2 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Your 4th grader or your college student might use Microsoft Office for school work now or in the future, but if all you do on your computer is e-mail and internet surfing you don't really need it. Microsoft Office can include Word for writing things, Excel for doing spreadsheets, PowerPoint for doing powerpoint presentations, Access for building and maintaining database, and a few other applications, but you may not get all of them.

Quickbooks and Quicken are similar products; you can use them to keep up with your finances, write checks, etc. - probably not all that useful to you if you aren't interested in budgeting, bookkeeping, or keeping records for a business. If you do want to keep up with your finances Quickbooks has a little more functionality, but some people prefer Quicken which is generally less expensive. There are multiple versions of both of these products.
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much :))

Sherri Owner of The Animal Den

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2010