The truth can come out!! Finally..........so did you or didnt you? (teen mom)

So im reading the 1,000th post on teen moms this week.......and Im wondering...If you ARE/WERE a teen mom...did you get preg on purpose? Think about it before you answer. It can be anon so no reason to lie here or defend yourself. How old were you? Were you in a relationship? Did you finish school? Do you wish you would have waited? AND IMPORTANTLY did you have a second child within 2 years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was 13 when i had my son. it wasn't on purpose, I was in a relationship and still have been with the dad. Married for 6 six years together for 10. Not only did I finish high school but I finished high school at 16. I wish I hadn't gotten pregnant that early in life but it was an accident. I did not have another child 2 years later, my son is almost 9 and I still dont plan on having another child for another 5 years. That's should show people that I didn't want to get pregnant to begin with because I'm not sitting here popping babies.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I was 15.
    It was not planned
    I was in a relationship with the father for almost 3 years total.
    I was homeschooled. No, I did not graduate- I was schooled illegally, and had to wait 4 years so that I would not need HS transcripts to take the GED.
    I can not know what would have happened if I had waited, so I refuse to wish for things that I can not know the answers to.
    My oldest and middle child are 4 years, 2 months apart.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i was 17 and it was on purpose. and he wanted it too. i graduated a month after she was born. we are still together. she will be 3 this week and im about 11 weeks pregnant. no way i would change anything!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I was 17, not planned. I was in a relationship with his father but he broke my heart, we are no longer together. I did finish school--I went to a virtual school and it was the coolest thing ever to be doing schoolwork and chatting online with a teacher while taking care of my baby-- and am currently in college (and with a 4.0 gpa). I wish I would have waited, but ya know things happen and I love my son and being a mother. I think my life would have been MUCH different if I hadnt of had him, and I mean different in a bad way (partying, drugs & drinking: all that stupid college stuff that takes your mind away from your studies). I did not have another child within 2 years nor am I planning on it. If I do have another child I want to wait at least 5-10 years from now.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I was 15 when I got pregnant, yes we were and still in a relationship...married 18 years. No it was not on purpose, we did use BC.. My children are 17, 10 and 8 so no I did not have another child within 2 years.. Yes I finished school and graduated college. I wouldn't change anything but yes I wish we had more time alone before she came.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• to midnightmoma:
    so u were married at 15?
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I was 19, already out of high school. The father and I had broken up before I knew I was pregnant. I don't know if I wish that, because, I promised myself to not have another unless I was married and I am now 33 and I have never gotten anywhere close to even have a boyfriend, much less a husband. My 14y/o is my only child. So, no to the last question.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I got pregnant for 17th birthday, Not on purpose. Used BC, FAILED.. Yes was in a relationship, still am, quit school, Got pregnant with my second son at 19 and my third at 21, So yes had one 2 yrs after that, and one 2 yrs after him. Yes and no about the waiting. Would like to of done a little more before I had kids, No because they are almost grown now and I'm still young enough to have a life. I'm now 36 working on my High school diploma. Thinking about going back to school.
    syssie

Answer by syssie at 9:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Got pregnant at 15, married two months before turning 16. Yes, it was intentional. My parents were being, well, parents and as stubborn teenagers, we disagreed and decided to get pregnant so we could get married. We will celebrate our 25th Anniversary on September 22 of this year.

We only had our son. I hated being pregnant and did not want to go through that EVER again. *shudder*

I dropped out of HS however, I went back, obtained my GED and proceeded to earn three AAS Degrees and 1/2 a Bachelors (ran out of $$$ ... sigh).

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• fay101.. yes I was married at 15, funny most people don't take the time to do the math LOL :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2010