How does your spouse apologize? words, gifts or something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo. he would never apologize. he thinks every day is a new day to start over and try again but no apologies out of his mouth! damned military jerk
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    he does it all. he will say sorry as many times as i need or want to hear it.
    he will buy me something (usually flowers because it's the easiest for him to get to me on the spot sense he's in Germany) if he feels that he screwed up big enough. (and he also buys me flowers just because).
    he'll also do other things like just sit and listen to me bitch about the same thing for as long as i need to. or, when he's home, take full (or as much as he can) care of the children.
    back, neck and foot rubs are an apology as well as regular pampering (when he's home).
    lol. there's more but i can't think of any. i guess i'm spoiled. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• he usually gives me a big hug and says he is sorry and we talk about it a little and put it behind us. he has never bought me anything to say he is sorry. he is very unmaterialistic... and cheap lol
    Anonymous

• He does not apologise at all.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• He usually wait's 'til I tell him I didn't think what he did/said was very nice. Then he does the whole, "I'm SORRY, but...." Eventually I win but it doesn't feel very good. More often I don't ever say anything, but then the tension builds.
    Anonymous

• I dont generally allow the "Im Sorry" for everything. As he knows.. "sorry" only works so many times. However gifts, IMO are no way of making up for a wrong. In only suggest it to not happen again. If and when he catches himself in the midst of a "wrong", he now realizes it, assesses the situation and why he was acting poorly, says he is sorry.. but also fixes whatever issue he may have caused.
    Hottiehp21

Answer by Hottiehp21 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• He is not one to apologize much but he shows me he is sorry by his actions. He tries to do better and he gives me love and affection to make up. He surprises me by how hard he works to make me happy. It is definately enough for me. He does buy me flowers but that happens in happy times and for no reason. It means more that way.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• He Never does, he thinks hes always right..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• He doesn't need to. He's always right. It gets annoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2010