If you were out of milk, would you use breastmilk?

While talking with some friends, I mentioned that I was out of milk the other day, and with a four year old and an infant at home alone in the before-a-shower-hours of the morning, I used breastmilk for my cereal instead of Soy or Cows milk.

I dont think its weird. What does cafemom think?

redderbedder

Asked by redderbedder at 8:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Also - it was previously pumped milk.. i didnt hand express it into my bowl or anything.
    Not that it matters, though.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 8:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• well, ...it's been about 22 and a half years (i'm almost 23) sense i've tried any breastmilk so i have no idea how it tastes.
    ...but it's probably more healthy for you then either the cow or the soy. ...weird? perhaps. but we are all a little weird.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i wouldnt personaly. but it is your milk, why not?
    Anonymous

• i personally think its far less weird than drinking cows milk. i drink all types of dairy (goat, cow, ....human!), but i think human is really the least weird.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 8:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I agree with those who say it's less weird than drinking cows milk..... It's so funny you bring this up, because I just went to the store for soymilk this morning, and was kind of laughing to myself thinking, Why buy milk when we have a milk factory right in our own home?

I would have a hard time doing it, though.... I actually had a sip this morning from some I had expressed for another purpose, and I really don' t like the taste of it. It WOULD be funny to slip it into DH's cereal, though! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yuck!!!!!
    Anonymous

• weird! Walmart is open twenty four hours a day

I'd go w/o before I did that
    Anonymous

• my supermarket was open, but to get both kids ready and myself decent enough to get to a store? by that time i wont want to sit with my cheerios anyways.

if you think all milk is gross then i understand, but how do you live! haha.
    baking.. cheeses.. dairy is tasty
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 8:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I don't thinks weird. I personally don't think I'd do it, but I don't see what's wrong with it?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Your cheerios not mine. You may do as you wish, I give you permission!
    Anonymous