disney world and 3 year old

we r taking our 1 year old n 3 year old boys to orlando and plan to visit all parks this is more myhusbands idea since i think they r to young, but please what are some great ideas or tips that will help us keep the stress level down w two toddlers and any neat/special things we can do for them at the parks? thanks in advance

mommyto2txboys

Asked by mommyto2txboys at 8:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Travel

• Stroller/s . You will be doing a lot of waliking. and they will get tired easly. truthfully I do not think Disney world is good for kids under 5.

Answer by louise2 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I think they are to young. I would wait a few years
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I would wait until at least one of them is old enough to walk a great deal. We have done Disney 2x since my youngest was 2. It was rough because either DH or I had to sit out rides to watch the little one. He is was and is an awesome walker, but DIsney just wiped the floor with him. It is hot and there are lines and lots and lots of people, not all of whom are polite or give a rat's tush if they step on or knock over your little kid.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I just got back from Disney World, I had a 5, 3 and 9 month old with me. Take umbrella strollers for both of them, my 5 year old rode most of the time. Go early take a midday break, even if its just finding an air conditioned place to hang out in for 15 minutes. We got to ride most rides with all 3 kids. I don't think they were to young, they had a wonderful time and still talk about it constantly. If you need some more tips pm me!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My first response is "There's no such thing as being too young (or too old for that matter) to visit Disney World." However there are a number of things to consider when figuring out that "magic age" for taking YOUR child to see Mickey & the Gang. The first and most important thing to consider are your expectations for this trip. Is this your first trip to Walt Disney World or are you and old Disney pro? Do you want to see as much as possible, knowing that this is a once in a lifetime trip, Do you just want to sit back and let the magic happen, knowing that you will be back to experience more as your child grows? Our son is five and has already visited Walt Disney World four times and experienced a Disney Cruise -- once at 8 months, once at 2 1/2 yrs old, once at 3 1/2 yrs old and once at 4 1/2 yrs old. All of the trips were wonderful and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything....cont'd next

DisneyFanMomKim

Answer by DisneyFanMomKim at 10:05 AM on May. 11, 2010

• But for the most part the first few visits were my memories, not his. He does have older sibilngs that I had to take into consideration also. So as you can see there are a few factors to consider. If this is a once in a lifetime trip, I recommend waiting until your child is a little older so that they can experience more and will have more first-hand memories of the trip, however young enough to believe in the "magic".

Another consideration is cost. And this is where taking a younger child becomes a benefit! Children under three do not require park admission. Not only that, but you can go during the less expensive times of year when older children are in school. This can equal HUGE savings on hotel rooms! Also, there is no charge for children under three at buffet meals. This includes such popular character meals as the Crystal Palace, where your toddler can dine with Pooh and friends, and much more! . . cont'd next
    DisneyFanMomKim

Answer by DisneyFanMomKim at 10:07 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Then you have to consider getting there. Traveling with a younger child requires ALOT OF STUFF -- formula, bottles, strollers, car seats, sippy cups, diapers, snacks, etc. (KIM's TIP - Ship some stuff to your hotel ahead of time, order online and have it delivered to your resort, or if you have a rental car, take a trip to the local grocer.) Your child may still be napping requiring a trip back to the hotel in the middle of the day. (Not such a bad idea for anyone actually...) Is it easier to travel with an older child? Maybe. But keep in mind that as they get older, the strollers may STILL be necessary; car seats become booster seats if you rent a car, and "other stuff" becomes iPods and Gameboys. Let's face it; traveling with kids requires a lot of stuff no matter what their ages!

Finally there is YOUR CHILD. You know him or her best! . . . cont'd next
    DisneyFanMomKim

Answer by DisneyFanMomKim at 10:09 AM on May. 11, 2010

• There is something magical about a toddler seeing Walt Disney World for the first time, because they "get it!" Everything is real. Mickey is the best friend that they've been seeing every day on "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," Dumbo really flies and so does Tinker Bell. Exploring Disney with a toddler is a whole new way of seeing "The World." It's a slower pace that involves stopping to splash in every fountain, checking out every play area, stopping at every restroom you pass if potty training, and waving at every character you see. And while this can be difficult and much patience is needed, the benefits are well worth it. You spot details you never would have seen before, find the fun in the most mundane parts of Disney, and rediscover the magic in a way a grown-up never could.

So just like you're never too old to experience the magic, you're never too young either!
    DisneyFanMomKim