My boyfriend insults me and he don't think they're insults

My boyfriend told me he don't like the way I'm raising my daughter. He is 22 with no children. I asked him why he didn't like the way I'm raising my daughter and all he would tell me is I spoil her to much. He wouldnt say anything else about it. I was highly offened because I think I take good care of my baby girl. I get no help from her father and I'm a full time college student. I go out sometimes but I think I'm entitled to have some fun. He also call me ditsy. I told him that I was insulted and he said I shouldnt be and he refuse to apoligize for saying some of the things he has said to me because he don't believe he was wrong. I know he is entitled to his opinions but If I am your girlfriend there are better ways to saying things without being so mean. Should I break up with him because I don't want to be with a man that continuesly insults me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Dump his ass!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I agree, who needs that idiot?
    Anonymous

• yup
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Well, I'm not seeing what is so "wonderful" about this guy that you should continue to put up with his insults! Whether or not HE thinks they're insults is moot--it's whether or not YOU are hurt by what he says. Ask yourself this...if he treats you poorly, how do you think he's going to treat your daughter, who isn't even his?

Sounds to me like your daughter is getting in the way of his relationship with you, she is your first priority--as it should be, and so he's taking out his frustration on you--which is not cool! I'd ditch him, and keep your sights set on someone who does care about you AND your daughter! Those men DO exist, but you have to make yourself available, by not dating losers who think insulting the woman they claim to love and care about like idiots.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It's very possible that you ARE spoiling your daughter, but without knowing you I can't judge that. I don't think it's entirely inappropriate for him to try to talk to you about it if he thinks so. He probably stopped saying anything more because you got offended, where if you had been open, he might have had some wise things to say. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like he had a chance.

He shouldn't have called you ditsy, that is rude. But judging my your spelling and grammer, it sounds like maybe you could make some improvements in the way you talk. I'm not trying to be rude or hurtful, I just notice that you use a lot of improper English, so I'm guessing that's part of what he's talking about.

Again, though, him calling you ditsy is very unkind. If he thinks that, why does he want to be with you? he should be encouraging you, not putting you down.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't stay with a guy like that
    Anonymous

• Run, Run like a thief in the night it does not get better I know I am just now leaving a ten year relationship where he thought everything should be his way and if not done that way he insulted me so now I figure before you get ten years in say something to him or leave it does not fix itself it only gets worse. GL

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Hell yes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Thanks so much Ladies..I know what I need to do=)
    Anonymous

• Quoting Dr. Phil. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Meaning he won't change. I would cut him loose! Oh and say "my boyfriend DOESN"T like, not DON"T like", it is not proper grammer and makes you sound ignorant.
    Anonymous