Can someone please help me out with this morning sickness?! I cant take it anymore!

I have been unbearably sick, and my problem isn't so much keeping it down, it's actually getting it down. When I'm eating I get such bad nausea that I can't seem to swallow...and I am starting to get frustrated! I just started bawling my eyes out today because I want to eat so bad and I just cant! I have been able to get about 3-4 very small meals down per day(plus my vitamins), but I feel like it's just not enough. Can anyone help me? Please?! I'm seriously at my wit's end!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried taking vitamin B6? You can get it at over the counter at any pharmacy type store. It'll help with the nausea. I took it with my pregnancies in addition to my prescription prenatal vitamins, and it really worked to keep the nausea at bay, so I could eat. When you do get to eat, start small with breads and crackers, and drink lots of water--I preferred flavored water like Fruit2-O.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Talk to your doctor before taking any vitiams or anything at all even if it's over the counter. My morning sickness was so bad I ended up on medication. And before anyone says it's dangerous to take medicine for that, it is safe and doctors give it in such small dosages that it basically just takes off the edge of the morning sickness. It's bareable and you can eat then. Call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• I took Zofran for my sickness which completely crippled me and stole months of time from me playing with my one year old. The Zofran helps a tad. Otherwise, it's best to try to keep something in your stomach all the time, Goldfish crackers, Saltines, candied ginger may help and Nilla wafers or anything that sounds even remotely good. For me, I ate a lot of vanilla cupcakes with one kid and with another, I ate fish and salad. It's terrible. Try the sea bands too. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• LEMON. Drink lemonade, cut a lemon open and smell it, lemon cookies etc etc. Saltines by your bed so you can nibble before you actually get up helps .
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Zofran saved me. I took it 8 months my first pregnancy and 8 this one. It takes the nausea away, and allows me to function and go to work each day. I have hyperemesis, which is WHY I get SO ILL, and need the zofran.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Keep something in your stomach at all times. With my first pregnancy I threw up everything I ate and didn't know what to do. With this one I've found that if I eat frequently throughout the day it helps a lot. And eat whatever sounds good to you. Sometimes just a popcicle or some crushed ice helps me because it cold and soothing. Try taking your vitamins at night if you don't already. That has helped me A TON! I started off taking them in the morning and I was so nauseated throughout the entire day. I've been taking them at night the past 3 or 4 weeks and it has made a HUGE difference! I just eat crackers throughout the day, cereal in the morning, sandwich for lunch, and whatever I have the energy to make for dinner ha ha. Good luck! Hopefully the morning sickness passes soon!
    Anonymous

• I've personally been using Preggie Drops and they're helping immensely. I suggest looking them up.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 10:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010