How many animals is too many?

When you live in a small house in town... I have 3 dogs ( one which is pregnant, and we plan on keeping 1 or 2 of the puppies) ... and 2 cats... I really want to buy, a pair of lovebirds, and some bunnies....

My husband doesnt care either ( he is the one who talked me into getting more than 1 dog) ..... but I am wondering how i turned this way...it feels like I am starting a farm lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As long as you aren't breaking any laws and all of the animals get attention and are well cared for I don't think it matters. My parents have 5 very large dogs and live right in town. They have no issues.
    Anonymous

• OP... sometimes it is hard to keep clean and I get a little frustrated.... but that is the hair or if tey tear up something..... but as far as poop and pee , the dogs go outside and the cats have a litter box ( the birds will have the cage, and rabbits will have their cage off of the porch)
    Anonymous

• As long as you are not breaking any laws and each of the animals are properly cared for then I don't think it will really be a problem. I used to have a grand total of 18 animals at one time. We had 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 ferrets, 3 rats, 3 rabbits, 1 iguana and 4 birds. All the animals were healthy and well taken care of. We didn't have a huge house and yes our house was clean. As long as everything is house trained or litter trained and the cages cleaned out then it's not hard to keep your house clean with a lot of animals.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Make sure you check the city's animal limit! I know in my city, you can't have more than 3 dogs and 5 cats.
    hiddenstrength

Answer by hiddenstrength at 9:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• we have two dogs, three cats, a turtle and a forst full of fat and sassy squirrels. We live down the street from a horse farm and at the end of the block is a cow farm. The b!tch that lives on my right has 5 chichuhas, 6 weiner dogs, 3 beagles and she breeds them. They all stway in poens and raise heck all night while she is at work
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My Dad and Step-mom have 4 inside dogs and an outside one, they also have a parrot. I have one dog and a guinea pig.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• We have 3 dogs, 5 cats, a turtle, a bird, a guinea pig and a bunny. There are no animal laws limiting the number of pets we have in the city we currently live in, if you do, I think following those rules are important. The last city we lived in had a limt and we had to get a special license. I think if you are responsible and take care of all of them then go for it. My motto was always I will have as many animals as I can care for and give the proper attention too. We have had all our pets for many many years and I have always known my limit.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• From 2002-2006 I was the go to perosn for various small animal rescues when they couldn't find forever homes for small animals and along with having 3 dogs we had (at the most we had living here at once) 43 guinea pigs and 14 hedgehogs. Hubby built a HUGE house for the guinea pigs and another for the hedgehogs and they lived in our very large living room. It was a full time job keeping their cages spotless, feeding them and playing with the animals. We now just have 5 dogs, we're done with housing small animals and have been for 4 years. I know that people said we had too many and we had CPS called on us twice and they were impressed with how spotless my home and the animals homes were and both times the cases were closed right away. As long as you can provide the best care for your animals, I don't think there is such a thing as too many.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• For us, 1 animal is too many. They're dirty, smelly, and my kids are allergic.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2010