need advice

so my 11 month old son has been sticking his finger down his throat the last few days and keeps puking we tell him no and take his finger out of his mouth...I don't know what to do anymore about it tonight he puked everything up all over the place.

any helpful advice no rude comments

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He has probably just discovered something new. Don't show him too much attention over it and he will stop.
    Anonymous

• I would keep him in a area that is easy to clean so that if he does vomit then it is easier to clean it up. I would try to ignore the behavior and don't make a big deal out of it or the clean up process because if you almost ignore it then it will go away in time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Often this is an attention getting tactic. I remember when my oldest did that. When he got my reaction, he would laugh. So, I just stopped paying attention to it. Of course only when he wasnt eating.. where he could actually be choking on something. But in general, after ignoring it.. he stopped in about a week.
    Hottiehp21

Answer by Hottiehp21 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i have the same problem except my baby is only 4 months old
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010