what do you think about the new cartoon adventure time on cartoon network?

i think its atrocious and dont know why its on when kids can watch it..it just as bad as chowder, flapjack and sixteen...

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• and just because you say dont repeat that or thats not nice..younger children cant comprehend that, i think these new cartoons are way too grown up for kids
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• What is so bad about them? They annoy me, but, my son likes them. I do like Chowder.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My 3 year old loves them..
    Anonymous

• whats bad? i watched part of adventure time tonight and the ice king had 6 women locked in a cage and when finn said they dont want to be there the kinds said yes if they didnt i would kill them...or when they were talking about some woman being sexy hot...or when that elphant critter was doing a sexy dance and she even called it a sexy dance..and chowder also has im gonna kill you bs and sexual continuations and flpjack promotes stealing and the previews i seen of 6teen one of the teens is having a baby...you let your kids watch that garbage? it should be on adult swim not evening programing for kids
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Gothmama91, it's your job to teach your kids a TV program is not going to undo the good things you teach them.
    Anonymous

• My child is 14, but, he has been watching Adult Swim for a long time. I watch things with him and teach him what is good and what is bad. He knows that just because it is tv doesn't make it ok. I use those moments to teach him to be a better person. I absolutely refuse to shelter him. Like i always say, we should be worldproofing our children, not trying to childproof the world. I know what he has been exposed to in my presence and am confident that he will take all his knowledge and make appropriate descisions. We discuss all sorts of things . I agree with anon 9:13. If you are teaching them right, a tv show won't undo it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• so just because its on tv and its the newest thing i should let them watch it? and people wonder why kids are shooting up schools and getting pregnant while still in high school... my kids are too young to be watching any show that makes sexual references of any kind or making jokes about killing people, i dont care if its a show with actors and defiantly not a cartoon. i dont think its cute when kids are playing around then say im gonna kill you cause they heard it on a cartoon. its wrong...so here is to the downfall of our nation
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Actually gothmama its not one of the kids its one of their moms having the baby the father is out of town on business and they are helping I guess. I write anime so I watch all of this. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Kids are shooting up schools, getting pregnant, and doing all the shit they are doing because they have too much free time, and because they aren't being taught the things they should be taught. Not because of cartoons. That's laughable. Kids are left unsupervised way too much, and learn bad behavior from each other. Hell, some of them learn it from their parents. My kids watch Chowder and Flapjack. My younger son watches Adventure Time. But guess what? He also watches Animal Planet. And Discovery Channel. And the Weather Channel. All kinds of other stuff that is educational, and he watches it all by himself. Don't blame all the bad stuff SOME kids do on cartoons and other shows on tv. Most of it has to do with bad parenting, or lack of parenting.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My son has never had any of those reactions, why? because I would say...ooohhh, that's not nice of them. We discuss it. He watched all sorts of things even at 2. Yes, I did discuss it. He also had the vocabulary at age 2 of an adult almost. When he went o pre-school at 3 the teachers were impressed with his vocabulary and his smarts. They said he was ready for kindergaen He only went 2 days a week for a few hours. He also has been called extremely precocious because he was taught and not sheltered. He makes the most awesome descisions even now at 14. Because I sat with him and explained and did not just set hi free with no direction.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2010