Floatation swim suits?

I was wondering if anyone would know where to locate a swim suit for a toddler with the flotation things already in it? We are going camping this summer on a lake and I want my LO to be protected if/when she takes off faster than I can run. LOL

coala

Asked by coala at 8:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We got my son's at Walmart and it worked great for us. We found them over by the lifejackets.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• yeah i agree with pp, walmart
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• We tried one of these for Kiwi the summer after she turned 1, then the next year after she turned 2 and both times, it didn't work. Her head slipped through the opening of the neck. We thought it may have been because the suit was too big, so we tried smaller ones on her and even the ones that were too small, her head still slid down. The chicken wings (inflatable arm floaties) or a life jacket would work best.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I bought one of those last year and my son was not comfortable in it. He would thrash and if I let him go he would roll over and go face first into the water. He loved his "chicken wings" though. If you were worried I would buy some of the arm floaties or a life jacket. Or maybe the floaty suit would work for you.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 11:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2010