Has anyones baby had a bad reaction to the MMR vaccine? (the measles,mumps rubella shot)

My daughter is just a fw days shy of 14 months old. She had her 12 month MMR shot 13 days ago.Yesturday she had a slight fever,nothing over 100. And she broke out in about 20 little pink spots.I called the on call doctor.They said she was fine and normal,not contagious or any of that. Well, a few hours ago, the rash has gotten worse! I thought her cheeks were really red for some reason and I went over to look at her, and it wasn't just red, it was the rash! There are so many tiny little spots on her cheeks that they blended together to make her cheeks look red.They are still lightly spread on other parts of her body,her tummy,he arms,back and legs.But NO other symptoms..well..except she's extremely fussy,and has been all day,which is not ordinary for her.I have called doc,I'm taking her in tomorrow.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had an instant allergic reaction when I was little ( I was told).
    My leg swoll up and was hard around the injection site. I got a fever and a rash. It was so instant we were still at the doctor so they gave me a shot to stop the reaction.
    My son did not have this reaction "Thank you, God"
    Definitely watch her. Make sure she is breathing well and her throat is not swelling. Also that the rash does not go in her mouth or vaginally. GL hope shes ok!!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Take her in in the morn.
    It may be unrelated to the vax.

I'm curious to know though. lol

Hope she is ok!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• my neice and nephew did this, and I have seen it in children that I have watched before. Its not really an allergic reaction, its a very MILD form of measles. Its not uncommon for the child to experiance some of the symptoms. It is not contagious, and will pass, and it is not dangerous to the child. I have not experianced it first hand, because my children do not recived vaccinations at this point. My sister did say that she had her kids spend alot of time in the tub and that seemed to help the rash.
    Anonymous

• not looking forward to this or the 18 month shots, they say they are the worst on their systems.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2010