Do you go all out for your kids B-Day?

This year I'm planning big for all 3 of my kids b-days. 1st Alijah is a June baby, he'll be 7, we are going carnival for his party. popcorn machine, carnival games. Jada will be 13, she isnt sure if she wants a sock hop or a mask party. Jordan will be 6 and he wants a pirate party. I got alot of good stuff online for all of the parties and I'm even making my own invitations. I'm scared though the last party I went all out for was Jada's 4th bday party, it fell on her actual bday and she fell and broke her arm, that did away with the over the top themed parties for a long time. What do you do for your kids parties?

mommafrog3

Asked by mommafrog3 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well the parties are small, at least at this age. I don't foresee having really big parties for him in the future tho.

He gets one big expensive gift and then smaller, cheaper gifts. And whatever else people give him.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 9:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• we would if we could afford it. this year is probably going to be chuck e cheese and some birthday cake at home. and im gonna try to decorate the house a little since we arent really doing much else.
    Anonymous

• Not really no
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Usually we do small family affairs at the house. We did a big skate party when DD turned 13 two years ago. Our youngest turns 13 this summer, he wants some friends to go bowling.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My kids are ages 23 and 26, and we still have birthday parties for them. Both of their birthdays are in June and we have them and the grandkids over for a cookout and birthday cake.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I take turns with our boys, they are 6 and 7 and want to have sleep overs. This past Sept our 7 yr old got to have 2 friends over...Our 6 yr olds b-day lands on the weekend we go on our annual wheelin(rock crawling in our jeep)trip, so I make a cake and take it and we have it at the ORV park. He loves it. Our 13 yr old ,he will be 14 in Aug, will get to take our jet ski's out for the first time on his own, so we're going to let him take his girlfriend along with us this yr. We will be along on another ski so it will be fun to see him have some fun on his... We don't do all the balloons, party kind of stuff, we usually try to find outdoor things to do.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Only on major/milestone birthdays if you get what i mean. 1,5,10,13,16,18 and then 21 but i am sure they will do that on their own and from then on it will be up to them. Of course we will do stuff on the other years just something simple a few friends staying overnight, a small barbecue ect.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• my sons bday party is this sunday! It will be family and playgroup friends coming (he is turning 2). the theme is sesame street and I feel like I could do more, but I do have enough. I tend to want to go overbaord sometimes and only stress myself.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My soon to be 7 year old gets a big party each year. When he was little it was at home and I'd hire entertainment...now that he's older he's had a sports party at a gym, the Fun Bus and this weekend he's having a bowling/lazer tag/arcade party at a place called Space Odyssey. We go all out for parties, but no gifts. He gets plenty from his guests.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• We don't go all out! For my 9 year old we invite about 10 friends and go to a pizza place or an inline skating rink for a few hours. For my daughter we just went with some family out to eat.
    Anonymous