Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am leaving my verbally abusive husband. I need some advice!

Right now I am so scared yet proud of myself at the same time. I am looking for some advice. I work full time but it is just minimum wage. I don't have much work experience because I was pretty much a SAHM for the past several years. I do have my associates degree, but my husband would not let me get my Bachelor's degree. I plan on going back to school and working. I am looking for a better paying job, but in the mean time, what resources can I get? Any advice, tips, suggestions?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Feel free to PM Me, been there done that...................3 years free!!! yay!!!! I'm happy to help in any way I can. Resources, friendship, sounding board............etc. There IS help out there!!! Congrats, you've just made the HARDEST step of this journey!

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

  • Sign up for PA and they will tell you what you are eligible for

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

  • CONGRATS I wish you the best of luck !!!!! I think you should look into SRS, WIC, or housing help whatever you can get until you get on your feet GL momma !!!!! STAY STRONG !!!!

    Answer by mommymandaleigh at 9:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

  • Go to your local social services office and talk to them.
    Good luck!

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

  • I am about to leave one too I will be so glad as well its scary but its time for me to go as well hey maybe we can talk and support each other? My name is PK Good luck to you as well.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.