Can a teacher's hair be "too young?"

I have hair that is 4 inches below the shoulder an I didn't know if I should only pull it back or if it's okay to wear down. Is a pony tail too young? Any other suggestions?

My hair is dark brown and curly (though I usually straighten it). Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am a teacher and usually have VERY long hair, which I either wear down or up in ponies. I often have different hair styles going on. It's only shorter now due to being pregnant, and needing a quick and easy fix in the morning. I will let it grow back.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I think you can wear your hair any way you want! My sister's a teacher, has been for the past 18 yrs, and she has had many different hair styles. Just be yourself, I'm sure it will look nice no matter how you wear it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I think anything is fine as long as it doens't distract your students or keep you from doing your job! A pony tail would be fine, as long as it wasn't on the top/side of your head, lol!
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i think that with long hair it doesnt really make a difference, i just dont know if i would want to be the hip young teacher with the short, spiky hair!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Ponies are great! Braids, flips, etc. Messy buns, I'm all for it. It's been almost 4 years since my hair has even touched my shoulders, so needless to say, I'm ecstatic about being able to really STYLE my hair without just blowing it dry upside down and hosing it with hairspray!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• A pony tail is very reasonable for a teacher. When I taught, I'd wear one frequently. I can't think with hair in my face.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Are we talking daycare here or traditional grade school teacher. There is a huge difference. One requiring 4 yrs of college and an attitude that should be professional always. Then daycare...not really a teacher...can get away with much more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2010