How should I wear my hair since I'm a young teacher? I'm 23.

I have hair that is 4 inches below the shoulder an I didn't know if I should only pull it back or if it's okay to wear down. Is a pony tail too young? Any other suggestions?

My hair is dark brown and curly (though I usually straighten it). Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You can wear it down or up in a pony tail or whatever suits you. Don't worry about how others wear their hair, just do what you want to do with yours.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I don't care how my kids teacher wears her hair.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I just want kinds that are only a few years younger than me to think of me as an adult. If I look their age they may not take me seriously.
    Anonymous

• kinds should be kids* : )
    Anonymous

• My 5 yr old had a very young, and wonderful, kindergarten teacher. She wore her hair long and down quite often or in pony tails. We don't care about your hair - just how you treat our children.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Pony Tail.
    Sides up and clipped in back.
    Sides up and clipped ontop.
    Braid.
    Simply down.

Something simple, proffessional, but yet casual.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My child's teacher has crazy hair! She wears it up everyday & it's about 6-9 inches off her head. I'll be she uses 1/2 bottle hairspray as well. I remember looking at her pic before we knew she would be her teacher thinking..."wow, I sort of hope she doesn't get her so I don't have to stare at the hair during conferences." But my daughter LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her. She is such an amazing teacher. She calls during breaks to see how the kids are & tells them she misses them. My daughter has never loved school more.

Anyway, moral of the story is, its your hair, wear it as you wish. As long as you are a great teacher & show you care for the children, nobody else will care either. :)
    JenniferOmaha

Answer by JenniferOmaha at 2:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• what grade do you teach?.. i finished my highschool at an alternative school and my teacher was only a few years older than me she was very nice and very pretty, I really prefered to have someone i felt we had something in common, it made it very easy to talk to her and i still knew she was in charge .. so i say what ever you feel comfortable with, maybe a half pony tail so its all out of your face but still kinda down! Good Luck hun!
    Anonymous

• Whatever you feel most comfortable in. I taught when I was 21, and I had students who were 19 - but I NEVER told them how old I was and they had no idea how young I really was. Don't tell them your age, what year you graduated, etc. But how you wear your hair isn't going to affect how they think of you.

Answer by missanc at 3:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2010