When you go to the food store do you put a cover on the shopping cart? I want the one that is one piece and covers the top. It has like elastic band to grip onto the cart. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Please advise... Here is the balboa link... I will order after some expert mommies give me their opinions!! Link: http://www.kids-n-cribs.com/safety-baby-care/safety/balboa-baby-black-shopping-cart-cover

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have one that is different and I do use it in grocery carts and restaurant high chairs. Mine isn't fitted though and I like the one you are thinking of better. Grocery carts are so rarely cleaned (if ever). I'm not a germ-a-phobe or anything but just think of all the people who put raw meat in the cart or cough or sneeze and then touch the handle...ewww. Good idea, go for it. Get some of those links and strap a toy on so your baby is entertained.
    erinjb

Answer by erinjb at 10:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I do not use any kind of cover.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I know what your talking about. I did not look at the link however. I've already bought one even though DD cant sit up in the cart yet. While I was pregnant I would look at all the ppl in the store coughing, sneezing, wiping thier noses and then putting thier hands back on the cart. I would watch LO's gum all over the handles and I could SHUDDER at the thought of DD doing that.

I know I covered the handles with blankets when i had the boys but DD is quite the handful and i'm afraid she'd even try to put the seat buckle in her mouth lol
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I made my son a cover...then I stopped using it entirely around 12 months! LOL
    Based on the research I've seen, shopping carts have some of the LOWEST germ readings of everything you'd think to check. They are rained on and out in the sun all the time! (basically getting ultraviolet disinfected!)

Not a big deal other than for padding.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I never used one. You can get them cheap at Walmart, Meijer, Target, and other stores of that nature.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I have one that doesnt have elastic but covers most everything. I like mine bc my son loves to lean over & suck on EVERYTHING. Im not a germ freak- but I wouldnt let my son suck on a display case at the store- or lip the floor- so why would I let him suck the handle bar that 100 people touched?
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yeah who needs an immune system. Can you order those plastic bubbles for your kids to live in later when they can't go anywhere because they have no natural immunity to germs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I like the idea of them for highchairs at restaurants. I know how often they are or aren't cleaned, I work in a restaurant and most of the times the bus boys don't clean them before they put them back! GROSS!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have one - it's called a Floppy and was given to me when my son was born. He's now 16 months and I don't use it as often, I'll just wipe down the cart with wipes, but I do use it in restaurants since he's putting his hands all over the highchair and then using his hands to eat (most of the time).

Answer by missanc at 7:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Oh, not sure if it's the same one you are looking at, but mine is fitted as well and has fabric "hooks" on the inside where you can attach links and toys. When you aren't using it, it tucks inside itself to form a little bag with a handle for carrying - very convenient!

Answer by missanc at 7:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2010