How can I get him to let me in his life and realize we are right for each other?

My Boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. We have seen each other 5 times. Each time I come home or he leaves, the following week is filled with tension. At first I thought he was just missing me and things always cleared up and were back to normal in a few days. I just returned from a visit and he drops the bombshell. He loves me but not sure to what extent. We talked about things while I was there and he gave me no hints that he had doubts. In fact he reassured me things were fine. He has even put our plans for a Memorial weekend together on hold so he can be sure of his feelings. I know his exwife really made him lose faith in love. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Let him know that you are there for him and let him work his feelings out. If he continues in a relationship that he is unsure of, he may wind up unhappy. Tell him that you care about him and want him to be happy, so you will give him some space.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Honestly it sounds like he's stringing you along. He's all about you when you're there and then there's tension when you leave. Then he suddenly has doubts about his feelings for you. Shows me that he's not commited to this and you're only a convience to him. I might even go as far as to question whether he's being faithful to you. Seriously, I would dump the guy and find someone who's willing to give you everything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• That's not an equal relationship. Everyone deserves to be sought after and romanced. This person isn't emotionally ready to be with someone emotionally available like you are.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Chill out?
    JoyeAustin

Answer by JoyeAustin at 8:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 9:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• You can lead a horse to water girl! Chill out. Don't push, or he will run. If it is meant to be it will surely find its way.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2010