How did you know you were in labor?

Because I know it is different for every mom...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had been having regular contractions starting at 30 weeks with DD. So when I was 38 weeks and started having contractions I didn't think too much about it at first. But I woke up Weds morning and was bleeding a little bit .I had contractions 20 min apart for 22 hours, and spot bled the whole time (was told that ment I was dilating). I had an appt with my midwife but she had to cancel because someone else was in labor. After the 22 hours the contractions adn the bleeding stopped for about 13 hours. Then Thrus night the contractions started again. I knew it was real when I woke up at 1am competely miserable. The pain was awful. I waited it out until around 3 am and woke up DH and called the midwife. I knew 100% it was labor when I started vomiting and getting the runs. Got to the birthing center at 7am dd was born at 9:30 am :)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I had liquid gushing out of my vagina.
    Anonymous

• My doctor stripped my membranes in the morning and that whole day I felt sick and had horrible cramps. After a couple of hours the cramps turned into contractions every 2 minutes. It came on fast and STRONG!
    Anonymous

• unbelievable increasing pressure downstairs and through my back. Very painful!! Kind of like the mother of all menstrual cramps!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My back had cramps that would't go away and progressively got worse and worse.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• With my first, I had a small gush of water come out...then I started having contractions and with every contraction I had another little gush.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 10:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I started having contractions the night before- but they never increased in pain and wouldnt get closer together time wise. So after 13hrs I called the doc when they opened & my doc told me to come. Before she got into the exam room to check me my water broke.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My water broke at 4 a.m.
    Anonymous