so my son keeps coming home from his dads house saying that some things happen. n every time I ask his dad he says its not true. most of the stuff is harmless. but this time he said he was throwing up n his dad said it was his own fault that he got sick. his dad said he didn't get sick, but I really believe my son. he even brought it up all on his own. im worried for my son. I don't know what to do.

snoopydoos

Asked by snoopydoos at 10:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Is ther any reason to think you his dad would be lying? Is there any reason to think your son would be lying? Is your son angry at his dad for any reason? Is he trying to get attention? How old is he and why does he think his dad made him sick?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• How old is your son?
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My father used to hit us and when we visited him we would tell our mom he would say we lied so it could be happening. Maybe you can set up a shorter visitation until you figure out what to do about it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• my SS use to make himself throw up sometimes when he didn't like something we were having for dinner or when he would throw a tantrum. when he made himself because he got so worked up over eating his dinner-we made him clean it up himself. he was too old to be acting that ridiculous.
    my SD use to lie about me to her mom because she thought she needed to "protect" her mom and that it was what her mom wanted to hear. since her mom sat her down & talked to her about it again she has had nothing but nice things to say about me...obviously she was not being honest.
    my SKs like to exaggerate to their mom about things here so that they can get babied & get extras & sympothy from their mom. they dont get enough one on one mom time i dont think. they are always happy here unless they are in trouble for something or they arent getting their way - say about staying the night somewhere.

so I would be careful not to jump to conclusion
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• how old is your son and have u talked to him ab lying? does he know what it means? if he does then i wouldnt let him go back to his dads until i found out what the hell was going on!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i also want to say that you do need to listen to your son. i would keep monitoring what he is saying and asking him why questions or what was going on. and i think it is also important that you talk to your ex.

i would ask him why he things that your son might be lying if he is lying? maybe your son is acting differently over there....you never know. and things are difficult when you are co-parenting with someone you dont really like that welll. lol.

good luck! i hope your son is okay and that things are really okay at his dad;s.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Sit down with your son and talk to him about telling the truth. Don't accuse him of lying, but let him know that it's important that he tells the whole truth. Then ask him the things that go on in that household. If you are truely concerned for your child's safety, or just general well being then you can have CPS investigate the situation. If your custody is court ordered then it is best to go through the same court that you originally went through. Allowing them to know the details of the investigation, so that if it does come to another custody hearing they know all the up to date information.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Keep a journal of everything he says. I am sorry you are dealing with this.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• he just turned 4. and around our house we ve never had any problems with him lying. he might be trying to get attention, but he had so many details about it. like he said they all sat on the couch after dad cleaned him off cuz he was sore. he said his dad took care of him. I just don't know why he would lie. I understand kids get sick. thanks for all your input
    .
    snoopydoos

Answer by snoopydoos at 6:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would ask your son if he wants to go to his dads anymore. Ask him if he is scared of him etc? Even if your son is lying I din't think his intention is to lie but to let you know somethign is wrong and this is the only way he is finding of letting you know. I would just ask your son what you can to help him and listen.
    Anonymous