has anything ever happen to you my daughtor just had a 7 pound baby and after baby was born they pulled on the umbilical cord and sted of letting her push to get the placenta out they pulled and the umbilical cord broke had to put hand up there to find it ripped her all up

shellylee17

Asked by shellylee17 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's aweful! I'm sorry that happened to her!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Holy crap/// Im so sorry. I hope she is okay, I would Sue.
    Anonymous

• that sounds very painful and terrible! im sorry too!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 11:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• wow....i can't even imagine.... that is so horrible. i would definately be looking for some compensation since i am sure it has caused some damage.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would make a HUGE case over that. That is a level of ignorance that goes beyond even the every-day horror they put birthing women through in hospitals today.
    I hope she recovers soon and emotionally!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would definitely be looking at some malpractice against whoever did that to her. Seriously. That can really damage a person. I've NEVER heard of the placenta being forcefully taken out after a vaginal birth.
    Anonymous

• I would go to a different doctor for her 6 weeks check up. Let them know what happened and make sure this is well documented. In case a few years down the road she can't have an any more children from this!

Anonymous

• sue them!
    oldsoulmom

Answer by oldsoulmom at 11:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• troll
    Anonymous

• They did something like this to me the first time. The cord did not break but it hurt so bad while he was pulling on the cord. With my second I made sure they understood that I would push the placenta out my self.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2010