I'm so sick of dealing with this BS (ranting)

I got married in Dec. 2008 while I was still in college. In may of 09 I found out I was pregnant .I was getting ready to graduate and had a job lined up. Tried to apply for medicad and got denied. Then my insurance for work kicked in about 3 months later. But when I was 30 weeks pregnant I started to go into premature labor and had to cut back my hours to part time and lost my insurance. I applied for medicad again, and got denied again... After DD was born I was forced to quit my job. So now I'm working at a pizza place making min. wage less than 30 hours a week. We applied to medicad for the a third time. Now they are saying that DD will be covered back to dec. But I can't get covered to pay the midwife because i made to much. How in the HELL did I make too much money??? DH makes min wage working 40 hrs a week. I do good to make 150$ a week. And now apparently I have to pull 5000$ out of my ass to pay my midwife!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i understand! i had to cut back my hours at work bc at the time i was single working at DOLLAR GENERAL about 30-35 hours at 7.00 an hour. and they were about to take both mine and my daughters coverage!
    Anonymous

• The amount of money they consider poverty level is way too low. 

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I had my first child when I was 20. I didn't have insurance and the gov't wouldn't help me out because we made 20K a year. This resulted in so much debt! It's unfortunate and I feel your pain. I hope everything works out.
    Anonymous

• For one thing, although dishonest woman would do much better if they apply as single. Saying you have a man who is working is an almost immediate shut down. This is a secret not many know. It stinks but if you want to get all you need from the system you have to lie. Just thank God your baby will be covered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My husband is on disability, which is about $1400 a month.

He doesn't qualify for Medicaid because he makes TOO MUCH MONEY FOR A SINGLE PERSON!! Yes, you read that right. They are counting him as SINGLE unless I have a job. I have a job, but it doesn't pay anything because I take care of him and his disabled mom.

The social worker I talked to actually told us to go up to the hospital and run up the bill and THEN they could help. WTF?!?!?

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• in some states medicaid doesnt cover the cost of labor and delivery, i was on medicaid with my last one and all they covered was the dr appointments and my tubal and my husband had to take unpaid leave from work cause i was high risk and couldnt be alone we received cash assistance we still got stuck with 10,000 bill from the hospital, i had t be induced cause of complications and medicaid didnt pay a single penny of it so now 2 and half years later we are still paying 300 a month on it
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I'm sure you can make some sort of payment plan. Many people do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2010