Help me organize please?

1. I do have a basket for personal mail and do well keeping it in there, but how do yall keep track of papers that need to be dealt with, bills, and so on?

2. How often do you get rid of things, and what is your technique?

3. We have too much stuff, toys for one thing. Should I keep some in the attic for grandbabies? I hate to give everything away...

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 11:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• (con't)
    As far as baby clothes and toys...I hate to get rid of them, too, but unless you have the room to store bins of these items, then it is impractical to keep them all. Have one bin for favorite baby clothes that you want to keep, wash them, dry them thoroughly, and make sure there are no stains on them because the stains will worsen while they are stored in the bins. The rest go to charity or to another mom who needs them.
    The same for toys; select your favorites, take out the batteries, clean them, dry them thoroughly, make sure all pieces are with it, and then put them all only in one bin. Give the rest to charity or to another mom who needs them.
    Please consider battered women's shelters as a charity as most times they have to leave their homes with only the clothes on their backs (their children, too) and they need things.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I throw out EVERYTHING I dont know what to do with.
    I have a 4x6 notebook & at the top of each page I write down the DATE that my DH gets paid. Under it I list the bills that need to be paid with that check & just tuck the bills in between the pages.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Click here for an organized life:

http://flylady.net/

washing dishesdoing laundry

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• boomama, I have been to flylady's site and even listened to her podcast a year or two ago.
    Do you seriously get all her emails and keep up with them? It gets overwhelming but maybe i could try it again.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• we have a clip magnet on the side of the fridge we hang the bills up on and a maker board next to it with when bills are due. . as far as the rest i go throw every once in a while and toss or give away items....i thought about keeping toys that the kids out grew for future purpose like grand kids or if my brother had kids but chances are those kids are gonna want to have the newest thing. i donated toys and clothes to a local charity that helps teen moms. i make list of chores on another maker bored and i add a go thru...example the living room closet is due for a re organization. i add that to my list and i do one room a day and if its a more than a day job i break it down to smaller jobs. just today i cleaned and purged my living room and only took an hour cause i kept taking breaks. i have another maker board thats a calender so i can keep track of app. im big on marker boards lol i have 4 different ones
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i tried flylady also and it wasnt anything i didnt already know and it was so mundane...i got bored with it..my biggest issue is the lack of motivation i get busy with life then by the time i get around to purging im overwhelmed...but im gettin better it takes time to get into the habit
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• We do all our bills online, no paper monster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have one spot for all our budgeting and bills.
    I have a ledger to list all the bills as they come in and keep the paper copies in the ledger. When I pay the bills, I mark it in my ledger, on the statement, and place the statement in a basket.
    At the end of each month I go through the back of the basket to get rid of a whole month of paid statements (I only keep 3 months worth at a time). If it is something important, such as homeowners insurance, then I place it in our HOME file in my file drawer, but all others get shredded.
    All receipts are kept until they clear in the bank, then I throw them out. If I bought a large or expensive item, I keep the receipt in case I need to make a return. If I bought an extended warranty, then that goes into the WARRANTY file in my file drawer.
    (con't)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2010