I started eating healthy food and I feel worse than ever!!

I started eating more organic and more veggies, just trying to make a lifestyle change. I never ate really bad before this but I slipped up on fast food more than I should have. Anyways, now that I'm eating healthy I've been getting stomach cramps and diarrhea??? Is my body rejecting healthy food because it is not used to it, but will eventually get the hang of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i was thinking it was like a detox reaction going on.
    keep it up, you are doing the right thing. you could go to a health food store and gett a good probiotic too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I was gonna say yes you;ll feel better soon. but you could have gotten a bit of food borne germs too from produce, people not washing their hands from using the bathroom...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Your digestive enzymes are out of whack. Your body is learning to make more. You can get a bottle of chewable papaya enzyme tablets. That will fix the gas, bloating, and cramping. When people start eating more raw food, the fiber gets them wacky often. Some people even go through toxic shock if they are used to a lot of coffee or fat and then stop cold turkey.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i'll put it more simply. if you're body isn't used to eating healthy then healthy foods will make you feel sick until you get used to them. it's kind of a detox
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• you can start little by little
    madfoot

Answer by madfoot at 12:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2010