Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Filing for Seperation. What needs done? (Children are present)

I'm really curious about this. As my current relationship is heading in that direction. We have b/g twins whom are 21 months old. I currently live in the state of Oregon. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

If you would like more information feel free to ask.


Asked by x2startermom at 12:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • im not a 100 but after looking thru it for the same reason myself, I found that its pretty much the same paperwork that you file for a divorce if he and u can agree its easy if not might be a bit hard, then you can go to the court house and there is someone there that can help u file it out.. in WA and its pretty close to OR, and my kids dad got divorced in OR.. papers can be printed online u fill them out then take them to the court facilitaters(sp?) and they can look them over then u go to court no need to get a lawyer if u both want this

    Answer by miss_nevin at 2:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

  • Hire an attorney and they will tell you what to do

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

  • Your county government website will most likely have the forms. You will have a temporary order that will be heard first-- it will decide immediate custody issues and child support issues. In my state that is heard within 10 days of filing. Your county govt website should tell you all these things.

    if you feel you cannot afford a lawyer, the women's resource center/ shelter has contacts for pro bono lawyers.

    Answer by ecodani at 12:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

  • Please keep in mind custody and finances is often the reason people hire attorneys. Until custody is established, BOTH of you have equal rights to the children meaning he can just take them if he chooses to be an ass to you and there is nothing legally you can do about it. You also need to get child support and temporary alimony enforced. If you leave, he can change his direct deposit and without a court order you won't get a penny if he decides he doesn't want to pay you.

    For all of the right reasons, hire an attorney. You can even ask that he pay for your attorneys fees and most likely the judge will grant that.

    Answer by MissMommyK at 2:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2010