Sippy Cups?

My son only drinks from his if I hold it for him, he can hold just dont want to. All he wants to do is play with it and even a spill proof one he finds a way to spill it and wear it. all he does is bang it on stuff and wont attempt to drink from it. At what age did your kids use it the right way? he is a week shy of being 1 year old and people are telling me he should know what its for right now, I take it away when he is using it for a toy always have. Any ideas on what to do to help him with using it?

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• right at 1...we introduced it at 6 months, but never really pushed it..but she never held her own bottle either...so when she turned 1 we got rid of the bottles, and got her the big girl sippys with the hard lids, and she used it properly. my advice, get the sippys that don't have the soft spot..i think my dd thought that they we're like bottles.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• My son was 7 months when he used it alone properly.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• he knows what it is for, he hands it to me when he wants a drink, he just wont use it, he just plays with it, he has had it since he was 6 months old. he has played with it for awhile I know thats a part of learning, I just need ideas on how to help him use it right instead of a toy. Was wondering at what age peoples kids have used it right.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• We just went to the hard top a week ago
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2010