does it poke him during sex?

im planning on getting the copper iud. i heard that it will poke the guy and feel like a needle when you have sex. is this true? has it ever happened to your partner??
i have my consultation tomorrow, but id just like to hear from some experienced ladies.

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Health

• i had the mirena and it poked my husband sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• depends on how long he is but if his penis hits your cervix it will poke him....though i never recommend iuds because so many women, including me, have had it move out of place and gotten pregnant, one of my friends got one and needed surgery because it moved into her hip bone. mine just flushed out of my vag. i don't trust iuds
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• oh good.... When I clicked on this I was hoping you didn't mean was he poking your baby during sex!!! LMAO!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I had nothing but horrible experiences on the Mirena. If the copper IUD is like it, I suggest steering clear! It sounds nifty, but trust me chances are you won't be thinking that in 6 months.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 1:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I had one and SO told me it did, that in certian positions I guess it was the strings that poke not the actual IUD
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2010