Toddlers sleeping on their own?

My son is 17months old and we are still trying to get him to sleep through the night in his own bed. He starts out in his toddler bed, but by three...three thirty he wakes up and tries to get in our bed. The only thing to do is wake up...get more milk for him, and re-lay him down in his own bed. (not to mention stay nearby, because he can't fall asleep on his own....)
Is there an easier way to do this? Is there an easier way to introduce change in his sleeping habits?

heidiS1018

Asked by heidiS1018 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did he go from your bed to a toddler bed? Or his crib to a toddler bed? I can imagine it being a hell of a lot harder to teach him to sleep in a toddler bed after 17 months of sleeping with mommy and daddy. No way is he going to want to stay in there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• He should be eating enough during the day that he should be able to get through the night without a snack...

try getting a glow worm or something or a white noise machine to comfort him... just stick with putting him back into bed over and over again until he gets it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would agree with the eating enough however, my DD is 19 months and still will wake up for a bottle....whatever, I've been criticized for it but anyway, she still sleeps with us too. The book the No Cry, sleep solution is a good book . I will not let her cry it out either. so we're still working on that one :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2010