Parasite???

I recently had a catscan done due to having headaches and the results came back that i have a parasite inside my head. it shows that their is some scaring on the brain. but the parasite the catscan shows that it is asleep. i been so freaked out knowing i have a bug inside my head. i been very depressed and barely can sleep at night. the doctors term for it is ( neurocysticercosis ). my doctor said since i never been to mexico, that she never heard about the parasite in the brain just in the stomach. so she has to consult a head specialist. i had my son 4 years ago, wondering could he have gotten it too?

sweetheart1207

Asked by sweetheart1207 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Health

• sorry : (
    i hope you get good news from the doc.
    if it makes you feel any better, parasites are pretty common...just not in the brain i guess.
    good luck to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/cysticercosis/factsht_cysticercosis.htm

Can infection be spread from person to person?

No. Cysticercosis is not spread from person to person. However, a person infected with the intestinal tapeworm stage of the infection (T. solium) will shed tapeworm eggs in their bowel movements. Tapeworm eggs that are accidentally swallowed by another person can cause infection.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• wow , how scary! how often where ur headaches? describe plz ....im scared now
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have had headaches for over 4 years, some are worst and some are not too bad. my mom said it is a pork worm, that you get in your stomach but it travled up my blood stream and into my head. people tell me not worry about it and to be peachy, but it just freaks me out and scares the crap out of me. their are times where i just want to cry. i have a hard time falling asleep.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• thanks hapy2bmom25
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2010