Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having issues with Grandfather (cont.)

In reference to the previous question asked, he can't get his permit because his grades aren't good enough. Here in NC, the first six months of a learner's permit can only be used with a parent present. Until he does get it, what should I do?


Asked by amessageofhope at 1:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Level 23 (17,397 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • Here in NC the first YEAR of a learner's permit MUST have a parent in the car!!! Not just six months. He's 17, he KNOWS BETTER!!! How small is the town you live in?? Do you know know any of the local police officers?? If you do, tell them about the situation and have them lock up your FIL and your son. What they are doing is ILLEGAL and DANGEROUS! And your FIL will be libel NOT you. He's the one letting your son drive. As for the thefts, call the cops. End of story. IF what your FIL is stealing and pawning has been reported, he'll get in trouble for trying to pawn stolen goods, Sometimes the best thing to do is have someone punished by the law.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2010