Hard question...

What would you do? I am a Mom to 1 son 2 years old on the 29th~ I love being a Mom I am a SAHM/student I am married for 6 years to an amazing man. When we had my son there was bad complications. Gestational Diabeties, PIH and Preeclampsia. When I had him my kidneys shut down for 3 days. I had to go on high blood pressure meds for 3 months after he was born because of the Preeclampsia and PIH. I had an er c-section 4 weeks early because I was so ill and baby was in destress. Now my little tot is becoming a big kid lol and I wish I could have another. I went to my obgyn and she said I could try again but I would be HIGH HIGH risk and have 60-90% chance it will happen again...and what if this time I don't pull through? Or I lost the baby. I want another baby so bad...So I ask what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Just want to say I'm sorry you have this set of circumstances!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I would love and enjoy the one you have. Like you said, if that happened again and you didn't make it... So sorry this happened to you.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Ugh i would cry... i'm sorry you have to make a decision like this... first I should ask have you ever considered adoption or having a surrogate carry for you?

considering every pregnancy is different you could be perfectly healthy with the second pregnancy.. but with the chance that you won't be i don't know if it is worth the try...

you need to include your husband in the discussion.. if he is ready and willing maybe go ahead.. its obviously your decision in the end
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Count my blessings, is what I would do!

Your son NEEDS you! You can't let your own personal feelings get before HIS NEEDS. Stop while you are ahead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i know i'm gonna get some hate for this, but here goes. if it were me, and let me say i am infertile, i have no children, i'm TTC desperately, and i know how it feels to want/need a child. if it were me i would go ahead and try for number 2 but if it gets bad you can always terminate the pregnancy. DH and I have agreed it's my life over the baby's. discuss it with your hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• have you made lifestyle changes since then? i would say put some very serious attention on your health, diet and exercise. low sugar and extra protein can help with gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. how is your blood pressure now? are you working out? have you sought health care from an alternative source? like, chiropractor, accupunturist, homeopath, naturopath? sometimes thinking and living outside the box can be much better! great health before and during pregnancy along with close monitoring could make a second pregnancy very different and much better!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2010