Invitation birthday party concern....

So I am planning a birthday party for my daughter she will be 5 and there will mostly be girls there. I havent invited any boys, well I have some cousins and I want to just invite the girls but there is one boy and i dont want him to be bored out of his mind at a little girls party. Would it be rude to put a note with the invitation saying that its mostly a girl party and while he is welcome he might be very bored or something along those lines.

ShireeCS

Asked by ShireeCS at 1:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's a very tacky way to word it. You should say something along the lines that you ask very kindly of the guests that there be no additional guests that did not receive an invitation, or just deal with it. You run a risk of offending some parents who feel obligated to bring the other sibling.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 1:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• for my sons bday i did a baby and mommy bday(trying to save money) in all his invites i wrote "mommy and vinny" on the inside i left a small note that read " nick,freddy,johnny,eric,eddy cant wait to see you there" all the people i named had siblings,my point was that i wanted them each to know i was being equal to everyone...maybie you can write "to the jones family" and inside you write "shelly,bella,kelly,susie,emily,madison,bety cant wait to see you there" this way he knows and he dont feel like left out
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I think it's kind of a given that a party for a little girl is going to be "girly". I would go ahead and send the invite. Or talk to the mom and tell her that he is invited, but you're worried that he might be bored being the only boy. Then again, you never know, maybe he won't be as bored as one would think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I agree with anon :21. I would go ahead and invite him. If the invitation and everything is very "girly", and if you put something sort of whimsical and fun in there as far as the wording, you can convey that he will be the only boy.

Maybe something like this -- "Our Princess is turning 5. (or Princess ___ is turning 5. Along with the other fair maidens in the land, we respectfully request the presence of Prince ___ at the birthday ball."

That shows it's going to be a very girly sort of party, and that he will be the only boy. If his parents ask about it, you can say something about how sweet he is, and how much ___ loves playing with him, so you wanted to invite him, but how worried you were that he might not like hanging out all day with a bunch of girls.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• We are having a May Day party its gonna be very flowery the invitations arn't overly girly. They say "I wish, I wish, I wish you would come to my 5th birthday party" there is a picture of her on them and she is blowing a dandelion. The background is pink with a few flowers. It also says on them we are having a May Day party so come in your party dress. Should I address it to just the kids or the family im so confused lol normally I have a big party but we decided not to this time.
    ShireeCS

Answer by ShireeCS at 10:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2010