Cat help-tapeworm

I think one of our cats has them.I saw 2 once and now 1 white looking piece of rice in fresh poop.It wasnt moving.I had rice (the kids were making stuff) all over the house so could it just be rice they ate?If tapeworms what can I get over the counter?I cannot afford to go to the vet right now.I have revolution but I heard it doesnt kill tapeworms.Please help.I am freaking out.The cats are all iondoors but have escaped before.I did use the revolution on them 2 months ago.Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pets

• They can get the tapeworms from fleas so it is important that you use the Revolution every month to help prevent fleas and tape worms. I don't know of anything over the counter that actually works. I would suggest you drop off a stool sample at the vet to make sure it is tapes and the cat has no other worms and they can prescribe a dewormer. It is cheaper this way rather then making an appointment. I also think it will be cheaper in the long run to just go the vet rather then spending money on something and finding that it did not work.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Tapeworms are from fleas! There are no dewormers over the counter you can get for Tapeworms. You have to see a Vet. Yes Revolution will help you out. I am a reg vet Tech. Ask your vet if you can drop off a stool sample have them check it and confirm it and see if you can pick up meds without them seeing your cat? My office does that.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 5:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2010