Am I wrong for feeling a little jealous!

My SIL is pregnant and am really happy and excited for her. But I notice I feel a little jealous at the same time. Why do I feel this way. I already have my son who i am enjoying to the fullest. I do not want another baby right now, i want to cherish this time i have with my son he is 8 months old. I am thinking that it is because in my family i grew up as an only child. I was the only daughter and granddaughter. We dont have a very big family. The only other one is my cousin and of he is a boy. Can it be because i am use to always having the spot light on me being i grew up as an only child and being the only girl. I feel bad feeling this way. Don't get me wrong, like i said i am super happy and excited for this new addition. Considering i dont have bros or sis this is the only way for me to be an auntie and im excited to be and auntie. I have been there helping her out 100%. Am I wrong for feeling this way!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know... I think its natural to remember the whole new baby excitement and miss it. I don't want another baby right now either, but I still have a tinge of envy when others are pregnant or have a newborn. It's just so exciting and fun. But right now I am wishing my SIL would have a baby so there will be a cousin somwhere close in age to my dd and so I could have a newborn to cuddle!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I get jealous anytime someone is pregnant and I'm not :-) I think it's just becaue your little one is growing up and you remember the times when he was small. Congrats on being an Aunt!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 7:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• That's probably it. You are used to all eyes being on you and they probably are even though she is now a part of your family, but now that she is prego people are paying attention to her when they never did before. I would keep it to yourself though. Don't do anything to steal her thunder. Let her have her moment in the spotlight.  Not saying you would, just putting that out there.  And get used to it.  Now that she has a baby, the attention that is on you and your kid will also be given to hers.  You are going to have to play nice and share. lol

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2010