Pitbull Bites 6 month baby boy. . .

MURRIETTA, Calif., April 8 (UPI) -- A 6-month-old baby was mauled by two pit bulls as he sat strapped in a carrier in an apartment his mother was visiting in California.

The dogs bit the boy in the scrotum, removing his testicles, the Riverside (Calif.) Press-Enterprise reported. Murrieta, Calif., Police Sgt. Bob Landwehr said the dogs -- a 5-year-old pit bull and an 8-month old pit bull mix, both females -- first ripped off the infant's diaper.

The mother, Carrie McKinney, 22, of Point Loma was visiting the owner of the dogs, Doug Ritchey, Saturday, police said. She allegedly left her son in his carrier on the floor in a room with the dogs.

Ritchey agreed to allow the dogs to be euthanized. They were being held at a shelter run by Animal Friends of the Valleys, which contracts to provide animal control for Murrieta.

Willa Bagwell, director of Animal Friends, said the baby's injuries are the most serious she has heard of t

ilybaby8609

Asked by ilybaby8609 at 4:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Pets

• OMG! Poor baby. How can this mother be so dumb.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 5:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I don't care what anyone says bit bulls are dangerous and I sure as heck wouldn't have them around any children.
    Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 5:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I don't understand why anybody trust those dogs,after knowing about the violent acts.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• SHUTUP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Its the stupid mothers fault
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Personally, I believe pitbulls are a dangerous breed of dogs but the mother should have known better to leave her baby alone with the dogs. I think ANY CHILD SHOULD NOT BE ALONE WITH ANY ANIMAL. its an animal instinct to attack or become vicious. Where was the mother during all this and what did she have to say? Now the child has damages for the rest of his life thanks to his moms stupidity.
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• How can you put the entire blame on the dogs? they were not the families pet and maybe havent seen a baby before. What kind of mother leaves her baby in a room along with ANY animal? The dogs are animals (who were left with a "toy") and the mother is responsible. I have pit bulls and a small mixed breed dog, I would NEVER leave any of them alone with a baby for any reason. Any animal can bite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I agree completly with anonymous above me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Even a dog that is normally friendly can bite if there is something new or different. We never leave our child alone with any animal for that reason-you never know what will make them bite. Yes, pitts CAN be dangerous if raised poorly. So can any other animal. The mother shouldn't have left an infant alone with an unknown animal.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 8:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• It is sad when these things happen but the whole breed should not be blamed. I have 2 and trust them completely
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2010