swiffer wet jet

i was thinking about buying one of these or the vacumn one,is it worth my time and money? I use a libman mop now but i am having to buy new mop heads monthly and i wanted to try something new but i wanted some input on it first before i just go out and buy it.Thankyou

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 6:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have one, it's not bad for quick clean ups, but every once in a while you gotta scrub the floor really good. I refill the bottle with pinesol and water so I don't have to buy a new bottle every week (we have all hardwood and tile floors and it's a big house). I also found a website that shows how to make the pads out of old towels, but haven't got around to that yet :-) dh broke my sewing machine....
    all in all, not a bad investment for a couple of bucks, plus if I tried to use a mop/bucket the baby would try to swim in it. He likes helping me clean with the swiffer, though.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I used to use the swiffer products on my floors but have switched to the Shark steam cleaning system, all it uses is cold water and it cleans and disinfects all surfaces it's used on.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 7:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have one, and I love it, but I do still use a regular mop every couple of months just to get up any grime that maybe wouldn't come up with the swiffer.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have one, but I started putting microfiber pads on them to help save on the waste of the toss away pads you normally buy for them.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I use the regular swifter and got a spray bottle and added half pine-sol and half water.....I spray the floor and wipe up after with the swifter...the floor looks just as clean as if I used a mop and it is better then the swifter wetjet where you have to buy a special bottle of cleaner that costs more then regular floor cleaner and leaves streaks.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2010