swiffer wet jet

i was thinking about buying one of these or the vacumn one,is it worth my time and money? I use a libman mop now but i am having to buy new mop heads monthly and i wanted to try something new but i wanted some input on it first before i just go out and buy it.Thankyou

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 6:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't have one but my Aunt breeds dogs and uses hers to clean up "puppy messes" She loves it. She has hard wood and tile through her house so it makes for easy clean-up. She uses a mop about once a month but she goes over the floors everyday with the wet jet to keep things clean. It works well.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 7:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• The cleaning solution is expensive.The 5-6 bucks you spend on your Libman mop head is cheaper than the solution. I've also heard the solution is harsh on feet,both human,canine,and feline,when you walk on recently cleaned floors.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I was not impressed with the Swiffer wet jet. It made my floors sticky. We just had the standard cheapo vinyl floors. When I would go to clean a spot, or mop the whole floor, it would be sticky after. I tried every cleaning product known to man (or available at Walmart anyway) and it just got stickier and stickier. Now, I use my Shark Steam Mop because there is no residue to make my floor sticky. It's just water. It's the best cleaning tool I've had.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i agree with the previous posters. The wet jet doesn't work very well and the cleaner is expensive and doesn't last long. I have the shark steam mop which works pretty well and you don't have to buy cleaner or pads.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• i have heard that the swiffer cleaner can kill a small dog! i have a shark steam mop too. i really like mine.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• thanks guys you have helped alot!
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 17, 2010