Why do some moms on Cafemom answer a post with some ridiculous answer and then never come back to defend their opinion?

Asked by sarah824 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Because they have nothing better to do

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Most of the time they are probably just trying to get a rise out of people. If they really feel that way and are getting a lot of bad comments they may be scared off

Answer by ilovemybananer at 12:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• This is NOT a site for controversy! We DO NOT have to defend our views to YOU or anyone else! If your looking to start crap go back to MrSpace or whatever juvenile site you came from!!

Answer by vbruno at 12:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Um, wow vrbuno, who lit the fuse on your tampon?
    To answer your question, it is probably because they are bored and looking for some entertainment. Sometimes just putting something short and controversial and then letting the fight happen is more entertaining than actually needing to defend yourself; especially if you are totally out in left field.

Answer by sapient at 12:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I dont have a fuse OR a tampon to light. I AM WAY past that stage in my life thank-you. I get attacked alot for posting answers with links to sites WITH the actual answers people are looking for. I'm NOT here to be on top of the best answer list nor do I care if I am. I'm a Mom with 2 grown kids! I've been there and done that every way you can think of and i'm tired of these "kid's who have kid's attacking me for doing the best I can. and NO I wont go away. YOU go back to your kiddie site!

Answer by vbruno at 12:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I think she was talking about groups...

If you are posting facts from something you found online... then you would not need to defend your 'opinon' How do you know she was talking about you?!?

Answer by sapient at 1:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• some moms on this site scare me like vbruno. she scares the hell out of me. she's one of those i will always win no matter what type of person. if she ever gives a rude comment to something i post i just laugh it out and move on.

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• (vbruno) I dont think your getting attacked for posting your oh so right answers its the little comments you make at the bottom like "dont you know how to google" and such. This is a site for moms to have fun, learn new thing and make new friends, not be judge by self indulged know it alls. Having 2 kids does not make you and expert in all things of motherhood.

Answer by dansebsil at 2:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• No it dosnt, having 2 successful adult children and being retired before age 40 and financially secure does make me good. I dont have to hide behind anonymous or put nothing on my page because i'm afraid of the world which i've traveled most of.

Answer by vbruno at 2:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Do you know what kind of a cat-fight you can get started in here asking a question like that???

Seriously though- some people were born in left field, are still out in left field, and will always be in left field. (Take it from me... there's a few people in my family like that.) They have no clue that what they're asking or replying is so ridiculous that it's stupid.

Answer by GrammyJ at 3:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2008