she's not really crying?

My 3 month old daughter has started to wake in the middle of the night and calls out. she's not really crying so I don't know what I should do. She was sleeping at about 5 hours at a time and now she is down to 3. I don't think she is going thru a growth spurt because I think she had one last week, and they are very different. Has this ever happened to anyone?

cherylw993

Asked by cherylw993 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies cry when they need something.
    She'll need one of these 3 things -

Check diaper.
    Feed baby.
    Cuddle baby.

Each one of those needs are as valid as the other - so don't stop getting up to tend to her - she needs her momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Check on her - she may be learning to communicate WITHOUT crying, and that is a good day indeed. But if she seems fine, are you sure she's awake? Mine talk in their sleep (sometimes even cry in their sleep). I can tell because they stay in our room.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• if shes talking let her be, if she is crying check on her.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2010